2.01.2011

"being steadfast and immovable on the Lord's side of the line is the only strategy that works long-term against Lucifer. If the adversary can't get us to succumb to blatant evil, 
he tries to wear us down, weaken our resolve, and dim our memory of who we are.
 He promises the sin now, pay later plan.
 He feeds on our vanity with promises of popularity and power. 
He tells us that life is supposed to be easy
 and that if we experience undeserved pain the gospel must not be true. 
He always promises shortcuts, though there are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going. 
But he cannot duplicate joy or peace. 
That is why there is such safety on the Lord's side of the line, 
where the power of the priesthood and the holy ghost protect us."
-Sheri Dew

I love this quote because it makes total sense to me!!! (after I read it a couple of times:) Because I have felt myself question who I really was because Satan had started to sneak his way into my life little by little... And how when I looked to the Lord and our Savior, I know who I am. A daughter of God, who is capable of anything through him. I'm so blessed to know that, and to know when I am feeling something from Heavenly Father or Satan...

3 comments:

  1. love this. so much. you are an incredible person sara gagon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this quote is amazing! did she say this during that stake thing last weekend? i wish i could have gone :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you. Call me, you have stories for me, I know it. Come for a visit. I get bored. Kay, loves.
    Kal myster

    ReplyDelete