4.06.2011

frustration

so i have been trying to look on the positive side of things lately, but i need a moment to let out what i have been holding inside me!!!!

i. am. so. frustrated. that i don't feel like someone who is supposed to support and give me comfort is really the person who is giving me the most heart ache...

i am so frustrated that i have this battle with food, and that none of my friends can really honestly understand me when i try to explain that...

i am so frustrated when i am trying my very hardest to do my school work so i can spend time with one of my best friends, and he opts out and uses the excuse that he is just too tired...

i am frustrated because loosing weight takes about a year before it really makes a difference...

i am frustrated because i am the only one in my family that believes that a relationship takes a long time to build, and that getting married quick isn't the best way to go. sure certain situations are different... but that is what i think and feel...

i am so frustrated whenever i see an attractive man (which somehow is every two seconds at school) because i know that they never notice me, and i fear that they never will...

with all these frustrations it's hard to see where i can go for a bit of peace and happiness, even at the temple i find myself getting frustrated at random things i probably shouldn't... but then i remember two simple ways i know i can get that peace,
prayer and scriptures.

because no matter how crummy my life is, or when my brain is only full of horrible self manipulating thoughts... when i pull out my scriptures and read them, those bad thoughts are always switched to good ones. and when i pray, i always feel a bit more love that heavenly father has for me...
and i remember to not fret about those frustrating things, because in the eternal perspective, they are all little things.

2 comments:

  1. dear sara,
    you are beautiful. you are funny. you are fun. you are smart. you are loving. you are wise. you are a wonderful friend. you have so many great, great things about you.
    i understand the insecurities. we all have our own different, personal things we struggle with. everything will work out. you will find someone who loves you, imperfections and all. and i will too. you will be happy. you are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear amberly,
    i don't know what to say other then you are the best. i love you. and thank you so much.
    :)

    ReplyDelete