2.27.2011

the big 1-9

my birthday. . . . where to even begin???
11:30 p.m. before the big day- getting a count down from a best friend is probably the greatest thing ever, and when i am used to spending that time with her, it was great to welcome my birthday in with her :)
12:00 a.m.- right as it turned twelve i got my first happy birthday from curtis, :) then a call from the one and only lisa :)
7:00-10:30 a.m.-this is where things went a little down hill... lets just say as i got dropped off at school i felt like i was starring in sixteen candles... and i had to take the hardest test i have ever taken.
10:30-3:30- grant came to the rescue!! we did basically everything i love, my favorite cupcakes, favorite restaurant, and a movie with glen... do i have the best brothers ever? yes. by far.
3:30-6:00p.m.- this is when i had the house to myself, and so of course i cleaned it! which is like my favorite thing to do in an empty house :) i got the best visit ever from amanda, she gave my just what i had wished for!!! balloons, baby cupcakes and the best card in the world. we laughed as we devoured those cupcakes:)
6:30ish-  i had finished cleaning the kitchen area, and had moved into the bathroom... this is when i took a good long hard look at myself in the mirror, i had thoughts of happiness, but most of them were thoughts of sadness.   i was going to spend my birthday without any of my best friends with me, which was the hardest thing to think about. 
but as i was cleaning the counter i hear this little giggle, of course i could tell who's it was, Elissa Kate Butler!!!! and i was so excited that she had found a way down. but as i turn to look out the door way, there is not just one girl... but two. the other girl was the one and only Lisa Jensen. shock overwhelmed me, then tears of such happiness came next. we all hugged for about five min while i cried and we all laughed :) and of course Mckenzie Mortensen came later as well...          this was by far the best present i could have EVER asked for, seeing all my best friends, when two min before i had to force myself not to dream of that...
the rest of the night went as follows:
dancing around my house laughing
having my friends come up and join in on the party
eating about five casadillas without even thinking about it
getting a birthday call from my mother, even though she was insanely busy
a surprise visit from my dad four min before it was over
mainly having my cheeks start to ache cause i was smiling and laughing soo much.

i am so extremely grateful for everyone, and everything that has happened to me for my birthday, and for my life so far... i am the luckiest girl in the whole wide world!!!

1 comment: