11.09.2010

best. day. ever.

so yesturday, not so great. i spent most of the night in the tub. and the other part talking to amazing friends.
from talking to those amazing friends, i was ready for today!!
i woke up happy, which never happens cause i have to get up at seven thirty, which may not seem that early but it is for a college student! but i went to swim... and i actually went to institute today, which was just what i needed to hear!!! my institute teacher talked about trials, and how we need them in our lives so we can enjoy the good times too... and that we are a plank of wood, that needs to be "sanded" down. the sanding part being our trials, so we can be smooth and ready for eternal life...ah the best. one of the quotes i looked at was,
"just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaniously. when those trails are not consequences of disobedience, they  are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more. He therefor gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit. to get you from where you are to where he wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain."
-Elder Richard G. Scott

even when i am doing everything that i am supossed to be, i still have trials... because Heavenly Father thinks i can handle it, and that i need it to be ready to love with him.
if he thinks i can handle it, then i can... believing that was very hard for me until today. i can now say i am ready for whatever he throws at me. because i have him to help support me.

as you can tell today has jsut been amazing. i am soo thankful for institute, and how it always is exactly what i need. i am also thankful for the friends i have in my life. how i can call any of them and no that they will answer, and listen to me... even help me feel better. so thank you friends :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU! sara thank you for posting that quote, it is awesome! I love talking to you no matter when, where or why and I always will. I'm so glad you went to institute and relief society, they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love you:) thought you should know. this post makes me so so happy.

    ReplyDelete